–14 hours in the studio
–1 shot of 5 hour energy
–9 hours unaccounted for
–6 acoustic guitars
–42 strings played (do that math)
–2 PB&J sandwiches eaten
–2 PB&J sandwiches eaten by Steve
–0 sandwiches offered to Chris
–Chris isn’t bitter
–2 Basement Tapes played
–4 Blogs posted
–10 songs posted thus-far
–1 Tigerjacket Steve needs to own
Steve was tagged by this picture on Facebook, even though he’s never seen this jacket before and certainly isn’t wearing it. We’re not even sure it’s a jacket. It could be a janitor’s uniform. It could be scrubs. I think “tiger-embroidered” janitor’s uniform is one of the Bitchingest things anyone can own. It’s a 9.5 on a scale of 1 to 11.
For the record, a jukebox that only plays “Free Ride” is 11 on that scale.
Anyway, we got sidetracked by the power of the Tigerjacket and, among other things, researching brown recluse bites. Turns out you don’t want to see that Google image search. Like, at all.
Did I mention I didn’t sleep last night? And that I’m off caffeine this week? This could get interesting.
Here’s today’s tale of the tape:
1) Today’s agenda: We’ve got a hodgepodge. Some bass, some percussion, some guitars, possibly some vocals.
2) Today’s horoscope: There is financial possibility today, but your stars more strongly favor romance. Sometimes you have to step away from the all-mighty draw of the dollar to taste the finer things in life. If not you just get caught up in the rat race with no reason or end.
***I have no idea what any of that means. I think it’s implying that I’m making a record because it’s I’ve sold out to the man. Independent recording = the easy buck? Sure, why not.
3) Today’s forecast: Partly sunny in the morning…then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
So, “England.” It’ll be “England” today. Who wants a Clash cover???
4) We move locations today. Yesterday we were in a studio studio. Today we’re in Steve’s home studio, which will be great. It’s amazing how a change of rooms can completely change the direction of a session. Of course, I demand that all songs be tracked from the comfort of my purple lectica, whilst I eat grapes. So, as long as Steve has a lectica and grapes and a palm frond I think we’ll be in good shape.
5) Fantasy football starts soon. That has nothing to do with recording, but it’s worth saying.
6) Any album title suggestions? So far we’ve got:
There’s the list. Feel free to add to it, if you think you can beat Tigerjacket.
Check back soon!